Senior mini for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Senior mini for sale

Post by steve troy (dad) on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 pm

For sale: Senior mini No 61. Ready to race complete with Slicks and wet tyres, plus some spares



See stevie in the pits or contact him on 07534402258.
avatar
steve troy (dad)
will become famous soon enough
will become famous soon enough

Number of posts : 91
Reputation : 3
R3tard Posting Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Are you selling up or has Stevie built a new one?
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by steve troy (dad) on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 pm

selling up
avatar
steve troy (dad)
will become famous soon enough
will become famous soon enough

Number of posts : 91
Reputation : 3
R3tard Posting Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Onslow675 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh that's come as a surprise. confused
avatar
Onslow675
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 756
Age : 51
Location : Lytham St. Annes Lancashire
Reputation : 1
R3tard Posting Points : 820
Registration date : 2009-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:32 am

That's a shame, is he racing in a different class?
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Ell's Bell's on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 am

steve troy (dad) wrote:For sale: Senior mini No 61. Ready to race complete with Slicks and wet tyres, plus some spares



See stevie in the pits or contact him on 07534402258.



Question No confused No Question

confused confused No confused confused

No No Question No No

confused confused No confused confused

Question No confused No Question

_________________
Ell's Bell's
T.R.I.M.M.

avatar
Ell's Bell's
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5361
Age : 46
Location : Yellaland
Reputation : 42
R3tard Posting Points : 7215
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile http://www.teamretard.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by scouse48 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:00 pm

anything to do with it failing engine checks after yesterdays final?
avatar
scouse48
is an elite member!
is an elite member!

Number of posts : 1399
Age : 36
Location : the land of scouse
Reputation : 12
R3tard Posting Points : 1447
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Josh-464 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Neutral
scouse48 wrote:anything to do with it failing engine checks after yesterdays final?



why what did it fail on
avatar
Josh-464
is a banger enthusiast!
is a banger enthusiast!

Number of posts : 439
Age : 25
Reputation : 7
R3tard Posting Points : 424
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by steve troy (dad) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Car was for sale before yesterdays meeting. Not sure it has failed. Stroke length was under investigation. Does any one know the official stroke length? Rules state a standard crank has to used.
avatar
steve troy (dad)
will become famous soon enough
will become famous soon enough

Number of posts : 91
Reputation : 3
R3tard Posting Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Onslow675 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 pm

A 1275 A series runs 70.6mm bore with 81.28mm stroke. So if my understanding of the rules are corrct the measured stroke should be 81mm with a standard crank
avatar
Onslow675
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 756
Age : 51
Location : Lytham St. Annes Lancashire
Reputation : 1
R3tard Posting Points : 820
Registration date : 2009-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Tam944 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 pm

RULE 124. ENGINE



Any a series 1300cc with standard pistons,20 thou max overbore.Any standard head and valves,the head may be skimmed to increase compression,the block face may be decked but pistons must be level with the block face.Any cam that fits without modification to block or head.No porting or polishing to the head.No lightening or balancing of crank,conrods or pistons allowed.Standard flywheel and clutch,lightening and balancing allowed.Timing chains - Not belts - vernier or off set woodruff keys allowed.Standard distributor open to modifications.Carburettor must be 1.75" SU two or four bolt fixing.Manifolds are free.Jets,springs,needles in carb are interchangeable.Remote oil filters and oil coolers are allowed.Any Rocker gear that fits without modification and standard push rods.Standard road fuel to be used.Any radiator providing it is within the engine bay.

IF THE RULES DO NOT SPECIFY THAT YOU CAN,THEN TAKE IT THAT YOU CANT
avatar
Tam944
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 7
Reputation : 0
R3tard Posting Points : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by stavros on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 am

There's nothing in the rules there to say that u can't stroke it as long as the cc stays under 1300 cc so if he's left the bore standard he may have got away with stroking it
avatar
stavros
is an elite member!
is an elite member!

Number of posts : 1022
Age : 33
Location : scouse land
Reputation : 3
R3tard Posting Points : 1040
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Onslow675 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:36 am

Tam944 wrote:RULE 124. ENGINE



Any a series 1300cc with standard pistons,20 thou max overbore.Any standard head and valves,the head may be skimmed to increase compression,the block face may be decked but pistons must be level with the block face.Any cam that fits without modification to block or head.No porting or polishing to the head.No lightening or balancing of crank,conrods or pistons allowed.Standard flywheel and clutch,lightening and balancing allowed.Timing chains - Not belts - vernier or off set woodruff keys allowed.Standard distributor open to modifications.Carburettor must be 1.75" SU two or four bolt fixing.Manifolds are free.Jets,springs,needles in carb are interchangeable.Remote oil filters and oil coolers are allowed.Any Rocker gear that fits without modification and standard push rods.Standard road fuel to be used.Any radiator providing it is within the engine bay.

IF THE RULES DO NOT SPECIFY THAT YOU CAN,THEN TAKE IT THAT YOU CANT



If I read the above to the letter i.e. if the rules do not specify it you can't use it then the use of a stroker crank would be illegal whether the capacity remained below 1300cc or not.
avatar
Onslow675
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 756
Age : 51
Location : Lytham St. Annes Lancashire
Reputation : 1
R3tard Posting Points : 820
Registration date : 2009-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by ace234 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:16 am

How do they check if you have balanced the crank, rods n pistons ?

When rules are tight, the difference between winning and loosing is all about your interpratation of the rule book, and reading into it the things that HASNT been writen.. To write at the bottom "if the rules do not specify that you can, then take it you cant" is a joke.. Who writes this sh1t ?
avatar
ace234
is an elite member!
is an elite member!

Number of posts : 1130
Age : 35
Location : THE Great Harwood
Reputation : 46
R3tard Posting Points : 1175
Registration date : 2008-08-26

View user profile http://www.cuntscorner.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 pm

ace234 wrote:How do they check if you have balanced the crank, rods n pistons ?

When rules are tight, the difference between winning and loosing is all about your interpratation of the rule book, and reading into it the things that HASNT been writen.. To write at the bottom "if the rules do not specify that you can, then take it you cant" is a joke.. Who writes this sh1t ?

Simples if your not 100% it's allowed phone the committee and ask them if it's ok...
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Josh-464 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 pm

But they may allow things for 1 but not another. ....
avatar
Josh-464
is a banger enthusiast!
is a banger enthusiast!

Number of posts : 439
Age : 25
Reputation : 7
R3tard Posting Points : 424
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Get a grip Josh, if your that worried about it then put yourself forward for the committee, I'll vote for you. Wartons always been the same in the minis, if your winning it's because your cheating, you usually find the ones who shout loudest are the ones who are cheating and still can't keep up.
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Twisty413 wrote:
ace234 wrote:How do they check if you have balanced the crank, rods n pistons ?

When rules are tight, the difference between winning and loosing is all about your interpratation of the rule book, and reading into it the things that HASNT been writen.. To write at the bottom "if the rules do not specify that you can, then take it you cant" is a joke.. Who writes this sh1t ?

Simples if your not 100% it's allowed phone the committee and ask them if it's ok...


And if they like you yes and if they dont it's no

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 pm

See above Tommy. The only way you can make 100% sure is to have a list of the exact parts your allowed for the engine. Even then you'd get one thats a little bit faster, that's just the nature of engines.
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Twisty413 wrote:See above Tommy. The only way you can make 100% sure is to have a list of the exact parts your allowed for the engine. Even then you'd get one thats a little bit faster, that's just the nature of engines.
Correct but it woud be closer and the checks are a good thing but the bottom ends aren't being checked rods and pistons. The rules need a revamp as well ie u cannot race a 1000 1275 850 ect only a 1300

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

speed grooves, cracked pistons and bent rods need banning from stock cars

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 pm

andydawson475 wrote:speed grooves, cracked pistons and bent rods need banning from stock cars

As should vvt and shale wings lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Josh-464 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

ive got a grip, i like to race fair and prove a point, you dont need money to be competative .. SIMPLE! i dont cheat, ive got a standard engine with a cam and a skimmed head ... enough said.. if your face fits ...
avatar
Josh-464
is a banger enthusiast!
is a banger enthusiast!

Number of posts : 439
Age : 25
Reputation : 7
R3tard Posting Points : 424
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by steve troy (dad) on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Onslow675 wrote:
Tam944 wrote:RULE 124. ENGINE



Any a series 1300cc with standard pistons,20 thou max overbore.Any standard head and valves,the head may be skimmed to increase compression,the block face may be decked but pistons must be level with the block face.Any cam that fits without modification to block or head.No porting or polishing to the head.No lightening or balancing of crank,conrods or pistons allowed.Standard flywheel and clutch,lightening and balancing allowed.Timing chains - Not belts - vernier or off set woodruff keys allowed.Standard distributor open to modifications.Carburettor must be 1.75" SU two or four bolt fixing.Manifolds are free.Jets,springs,needles in carb are interchangeable.Remote oil filters and oil coolers are allowed.Any Rocker gear that fits without modification and standard push rods.Standard road fuel to be used.Any radiator providing it is within the engine bay.

IF THE RULES DO NOT SPECIFY THAT YOU CAN,THEN TAKE IT THAT YOU CANT



If I read the above to the letter i.e. if the rules do not specify it you can't use it then the use of a stroker crank would be illegal whether the capacity remained below 1300cc or not.



The crank was not a stroker crank. Rules state any standard A series crank can be used.
avatar
steve troy (dad)
will become famous soon enough
will become famous soon enough

Number of posts : 91
Reputation : 3
R3tard Posting Points : 120
Registration date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Twisty413 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Josh-464 wrote:ive got a grip, i like to race fair and prove a point, you dont need money to be competative .. SIMPLE! i dont cheat, ive got a standard engine with a cam and a skimmed head ... enough said.. if your face fits ...

Enlighten me as to whose face fits? Everyone I talk to in the pits, including my own family I might add, reckons there's somebody whose face fits. Now either it's me whose face fits, doubt it, or everyone is pointing at each other. As yet no one has been proven a cheater, that may change after tomorrows committee meeting however until then nobody can point fingers. I've not broke the bank either and proved yesterday you can be competitive, and that was with a nice big crack in the manifold.

On another note at least our class is getting talked about, I bet all the stock car girls can't wait to watch us go at it next meeting!! bounce Surprised Razz
avatar
Twisty413
is banger obsessed!
is banger obsessed!

Number of posts : 524
Age : 29
Location : Preston
Reputation : 36
R3tard Posting Points : 608
Registration date : 2011-06-09

View user profile http://wartonseniorminis.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senior mini for sale

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum